Beside accommodation, The Nega also offers the following:
- Free bed sheets
- Free towels
- Free internet with skype/scanner/camera/burner
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free safe deposit boxes in all dorm rooms
- Free use of our fully equipped kitchen
- Free spices and oil for cooking
- Free filtered drinking water
- Free smiles
- Free exchange library
- Free luggage storage
- Free soap for self laundry washing
- Free and complete travel information about Salvador and the area.
- Free use of the hostel after checkout, until 22:30, including showers and internet
- Free Coffee all day
- Free shoulder to cry on in times of need, A smile to share in times of happiness
- Free taxi booking
- Free games and playing cards
- Free guest phone for receiving calls
- Free bus ticket booking (the bus company charges around R$7 for delivery)
- Free booking for Moro de sao Paulo catamaran tickets
- Free, in the hostel, airline tickets booking
- Free Booking of Candomble (afro-Brazilian religion) ceremony with a private
guide (and not a travel agency that personally we don’t trust 2 much)
- Free booking for onward hostels of your choice
- Free food delivery
Other services, and forgive us some are not free yet, are:
- Full Bar serving imported drinks as well as locals. The best Capirinhas in town.
Happy hour between 18:00-20:00
- Currency exchange
- Laundry services
- Outside balcony with hammocks
- Nargilas/water pipes/Shisha/Huka
- English/Spanish speaking staff
- Security guard at night
- Airport pickup (R$100-cash only)
- No curfew, no lockout
- Very cheap international calls (R$1/min)
- Organized tours: inside Salvador and in the state of Bahia in accordance with
Remark: Only regarding the double rooms, beside the reservation form the 1st night stay needs to be paid in advance to secure the reservation. We will send you a paypal payment request and all you have to do is follow the instruction on the mail you will receive. You will be able to pay with any credit/debit card through a secure site.
The moment we will receive the payment, your reservation will be confirmed.
If for any reason your reservation needs to be cancelled, it can be done up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date, in which case the deposit will be returned. Any reservation cancelled with less then 48 hours in advance, the deposit will not be returned.
PACKAGES CARNIVAL 2019 **
(Feb. 28th– March. 6th, 2019)
* consecutive nights between Feb. 28th– March. 6th, 2019
Highly recommended to reserve as soon as possible. Full payment will be needed to secure the reservation. See our cancellation policy bellow
In order to secure your reservation full payment needs to be made in advance,
• Payment can be made using Paypal (we will send you a request for payment and U can use any credit card over a secure site), money transfer to our account in the US or if you are already in Brazil, by a deposit into our account (details will be sent by mail). In the case of payment by Paypal, and additional 4.5% needs to be paid to cover the commission we are charged with. This 4.5% will be paid in the hostel upon arrival (we will show you the amount we were charged by paypal)
• Reservations are personal and can not be passed on to someone else.
• Cancellation Policy: For cancellations made until 31/12/2018 50% of the payment will be returned.
For cancellations made from 1/1/2019, the full value of the package will be kept and not returned
•A basic breakfast is served during the 6 nights of the carnival (as there is no one in the house to eat it……:-)
EARLY BIRDS DISCOUNT: 12% discount on price if you pay in full before November 30,2018
During carnival only, we allocate part of our covered roof to serve as an extra sleeping space. We have about 8 hammocks and a few mattresses, a ventilator/fan or two and personal safe deposit boxes for your valuables. Price is R$790 for the 6 days of carnival. For more info. and photos of the roof, contact us.
1 US$ = about R$ 3.50 (Brazilian Real)
High Season: December 15 – March 25, July 1 – August 31
Low Season: March 26 – June 30, Sept 1 – Dec. 14
Carnival 2019: Feb. 28th– March. 6th
Family members: Free (if you stay at least one night when you return). If not R$2/per day/per item.
Long term storage: R$30 per month (free for family members)
Phone & Fax:
R$1/min. – Fix or land line phone to most countries in the world.
R$2/min – Cell phones
Receiving: calls – Free. Phone # for receiving calls is 55-71-3243 0111
Internet: (fast access- 3G cable modem): Free
Wi-Fi – We have gone wireless (2009). Feel like surfing the net on the hammock? Downloading (?!) in the toilets? Get updated on your favorite cricket team in bed? Chat with grandma on MSN while doing laundry on the roof? Now it is all possible because the Nega is a hotspot now. Yes, free wireless internet from every corner of the house.
Postal services : Receiving letters and boxes – Free
Machine Wash: Up to 5kg – R$30 (we hang it on our roof, you grab it when it’s dry)
Sink & soap for hand wash also available on our roof, free of charge of course.
To Airport: R$100
Airport pickup: R$100
To Rodoviaria (central bus station) : R$30
To Praça da Sé: R$20
Ready to make a reservation?